Illinois Speech-Language Pathology Assistant License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: IL SLPA License Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 19th, 2024

Licensed SPLAs in states outside of Illinois can become licensed in the state by endorsement. Licensure by endorsement allows Illinois to verify that your education is on par with the educational requirements in their state. SPLAs will need to print the application and provide the following:

  • Proof of holding an associate’s degree in speech-language pathology or a bachelor’s degree showing the completion of particular courses as outlined in the Administrative Code
  • Certification of current licensure from the issuing agency
  • $100 application fee

Once this information is received, your application will be processed within 4-6 weeks, and you will be notified of SLPA licensing via email.