Washington Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Washington Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 19th, 2024

Washington Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

Individuals with speech-language pathologist (SLP) licenses issued by a U.S. state or territory with equivalent educational requirements and standards may apply for a license in Washington by endorsement. An interim permit may be issued as you await the results of the national background check.

Request a licensure verification form be sent directly from the issuing jurisdiction to the Board in Washington. You will also need to submit the following items:

  • Official transcripts showing a master’s degree in speech-language pathology, and completion of a clinical practicum
  • Verification of postgraduate work experience
  • National exam score
  • Agent Registration

After a credentialing specialist verifies all of your information has been received, it will be passed on to the Board for review. Begin the application process online.