Oklahoma Speech-Language Pathology Assistant License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Oklahoma SLPA Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

Oklahoma Speech-Language Pathology Assistant License Reciprocity Process

The Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology has the authority to grant a speech-language pathology assistant license to an individual who currently holds a license as a speech-language pathology assistant in another state or country.

In addition to making payment of the Board’s current fee for licensure, you must meet one of the following conditions to qualify for a reciprocity license:

  • The applicant must show proof of having a license in good standing from another state or country.
  • The licensure system and standard of qualifications and exams for speech-language pathology assistants in other states or countries should equal or surpass Oklahoma’s current licensure requirements.
  • The applicant should currently hold certification as an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) speech-language pathology assistant.

OBESPA is also an Audiology & Speech Language Pathology Interstate Compact (ASLP-IC) member. The ASLP-IC is a compact between states that allows audiologists and speech-language pathologists to gain the necessary authorization to practice in states where they don’t hold a license. To become a compact member, a state must pass the model legislation through its legislative process.

Download the application from the OBESPA website, here.