Kentucky Speech-Language Pathology Assistant License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: KY SLPA License Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

Kentucky Speech-Language Pathology Assistant License Reciprocity Process

Those with SPLA licenses in other states can obtain a license in Kentucky by endorsement. The curriculum for the program attended must be equal to or greater than the education requirements for licensure in Kentucky. SPLAs will need to print the application or log on to the online portal and provide the following:

  • Proof of holding a bachelor’s degree in speech-language pathology
  • Certification of current licensure in good standing from the issuing agency
  • $150 application fee

These licenses will also be processed during the Board’s monthly meeting, so be sure to submit it early or at least ten days before the next scheduled meeting. It will be reviewed during the next meeting if it’s not included in that month’s agenda.