Alaska Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Alaska Speech Therapy License Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 19th, 2024

Alaska Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

Individuals licensed as speech-language pathologists in other states may be issued an Alaskan SLP license through a process called reciprocity. This is true for both temporary and permanent licenses. License by reciprocity applies to the following situations:

  • Nonresidents applying for a temporary license valid for 60 days or less that are licensed as SLPs in a jurisdiction with equivalent licensure requirements
  • Nonresidents who practice in a jurisdiction that doesn’t require licensure to practice speech-language pathology, but hold a CCC from ASHA

To receive the license, the Department asks for the following:

  • Department-approved application
  • $270 fee
  • Evidence of a CCC or equivalent certification
  • Applicants 18 years of age or older
  • Verification of current licensure from issuing agency
  • Completed background check

After several weeks, the information is processed and you will be informed of the Department’s decision.