Utah Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Utah Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 19th, 2024

Utah Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

Utah allows Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) with valid licenses in other U.S. jurisdictions to apply for licensure through endorsement. To qualify, your current license must be in good standing, and you need to have been practicing for at least one year. An official verification of licensure from the issuing state is also required.

Please note that if you are not licensed in a state deemed to have equivalent standards for licensure in Utah, you will need to provide additional documentation as requested. For instance, applicants licensed in Puerto Rico need to submit Praxis exam scores or proof of a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from ASHA.

You can apply online or by downloading the paper application and sending the information to the addresses listed in the section titled, Application Process.