Missouri Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Missouri Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

Missouri Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity

Unsurprisingly, many speech-language pathologists move from one state to another during their careers. This can happen because a partner gets transferred or finds a job in another state, because of military duty, and even because the SLP finds a better job out of state. Fortunately, it’s easy to get a license by reciprocity in Missouri.

To claim a license by reciprocity, you’ll fill out an initial application for full licensure, as described above. However, there are some differences. Principally, you’ll need to authorize the Board to check with each of your current and former licensing states to verify that your license is in good standing. They’ll also check for malpractice and discipline records.

The other major difference is the amount of paperwork. If you have a Certificate of Clinical Competence, you only need to send evidence of that to the Board rather than transcripts and test scores. You’ll also need to demonstrate that you’re up to date on continuing education credits in your home state. If you meet these requirements, and pay the $25 fee, the Board will issue you a license.