New Mexico Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: New Mexico Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

New Mexico Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

Licensure may be expedited through a process called reciprocity if you meet the state requirements. You will have to follow the procedure laid out for new applicants and verification of your current license must be sent by the issuing institution directly to the Board. Along with the application (download the application from here) and your license verification, don’t forget to send the following information:

  • Official transcripts
  • Certified copy of your CCC from ASHA; or
    • Proof of completion of your clinical fellowship year or equivalent; and
      • Proof of passing the Praxis exam
      • Proof of passing the Jurisprudence Exam
      • Verification of licensure from issuing jurisdiction (if applicable)
  • $100 license fee
  • $10 application fee

Mail the documents to:

Boards and Commissions Division | Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, and Hearing Aid Dispensing Practices Board
P.O. Box 25101
Santa Fe, NM 87504

Please note that if you are a member of the armed services, their spouse, their dependent child, or a veteran you may be eligible to become licensed through reciprocity.