Nevada Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Nevada Speech Therapy Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

Nevada Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

Nevada doesn’t have license reciprocity with other states. In fact, you need a Nevada license to treat a Nevada resident, even if the treatment takes place by telehealth or an out-of-state facility. If you don’t want to treat a Nevada resident long-term, you can apply for a temporary license at the links mentioned above.

Practitioners who move to Nevada or expect to treat Nevada residents regularly can apply for a standard license. The standards are the same for out-of-state applicants, including the need for a CCC-SLP. You must also have a valid, unrestricted license without any disciplinary history anywhere in the United States. Finally, you can’t have a history of malpractice lawsuits.

Luckily, applying is relatively easy through the online portal. You’ll need documentation of your licensure and discipline history in addition to the documents required for a first-time standard license.