Nebraska Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Nebraska Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

Nebraska Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

If you’ve ever held an SLP license in another state or jurisdiction you are eligible for licensure in Nebraska by reciprocity. This applies to those currently practicing and those not practicing at the time the application is submitted.

If you aren’t currently practicing under your out-of-state license when applying for licensure in Nebraska, you’ll need to show evidence of completing 30 hours of continuing education (CE) within the immediate past three years. Individuals holding a valid license and actively practicing we’ll have to contact the original licensing agency to have their license verification sent to the Department. The Department also has to receive the following before considering the application:

  • An official transcript from an accredited program in speech-language pathology; or its equivalent
  • ASHA certification

Please be sure to send in a completed application to have it processed promptly (applications can be downloaded from the Nebraska DHHS website). You’ll receive an e-mail within 10 days if any information is missing. You’ll then have 90 days to submit any required documents or your application will be closed. If you wish to reapply you will have to submit a new application. Once a license has been issued you’ll be notified by e-mail.