Montana Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Montana Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 18th, 2024

Montana Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

SLPs who hold an out-of-state license can apply for licensure in Montana through a process called reciprocity. Below is a list of required documents each licensee must submit:

  • License verification from each state or jurisdiction you currently hold or have ever held an SLP or professional license of any type
  • Provide the web address or link with the most current licensing rules and regulations from the states or jurisdictions in which you are licensed
  • Certified transcripts sent directly from the educational institution(s)
  • Praxis exam result
  • Completed state jurisprudence exam
  • A detailed explanation for any disciplinary questions in which you answered yes, if applicable
  • $192 application fee

Apply through the online site or download the application and mail it to the Board’s address with a check or money order for payment.

Montana Board of Speech-Language Pathologists & Audiologists
P.O. Box 200513
Helena, MT 59620-0513