Kansas Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Kansas Speech Therapy License Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 19th, 2024

Kansas Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Process

Kansas permits those licensed as SLPs in other states to become licensed in the Sunflower State through reciprocity. This allows qualified SLPs who want to move to the state to begin practicing without going through the entire licensure process.

Your academic knowledge, clinical practicum, and professional work experience will be evaluated to determine if you meet the qualifications to obtain a permanent license in Kansas. The qualifications must equal or exceed what is taught in Kansas universities. Here is what you need to get your license through reciprocity:

  • Verification of current license sent directly from issuing state’s Board
  • Copy of all licenses issued to you in the past, even if they are no longer in use
  • Must be in “good standing” with each licensing agency
  • Current SLP license cannot be going through an administrative proceeding
  • Current license cannot be under any disciplinary action

You will need to download the application here and send it to the Health Occupations Credentialing Department by mail or by email: Karen.Torbert@ks.gov

Health Occupations Credentialing
503 S Kansas Ave, Suite 300c
Topeka KS 66603-3414

After 2-3 weeks, you will be granted a permanent SLP license and notified by email.