Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity Guide - 2024

AKA: Wisconsin Speech Therapist Reciprocity

Speech Pathologist Programs

by Speech Pathologist Programs Staff

Updated: March 19th, 2024

Wisconsin Speech-Language Pathologist License Reciprocity

The Hearing and Speech Examining Board has the ability to grant applicant a license in another state with equivalent standards and requirements. There is no specific reciprocity agreement listed on the state website, though Wisconsin is agreeable to most reciprocity from other states based on supporting evidence. You application should begin via the LicenseE portal.

In order to obtain reciprocity, a request must be made to the Board with confirmation of standards and requirements in the desired state. Applicants must have a current license in good standing within the state of Wisconsin in order to request reciprocity. Applicants must pay a fee of $10 for endorsement of applicants who are credentialed to other states. Fees can be paid via the LicensE online portal. All supporting evidence of a current license, paid fees and requested state’s standards must be presented to the Board. The Board will then review and determine if reciprocity is eligible for candidate.